“You don’t need a high-end art education to appreciate art, our goal is to help people realize that they are born with everything they need to take the next step into collecting. Furthermore, flying to New York to have a high end cultural experience isn’t necessary when it’s accessible and happening right here in Grand Rapids.”
– Tyler Loftis, curator of Collectors Show
Fall is in the West Michigan air, which means all things ArtPrize are in full swing! While ArtPrize Nine doesn’t officially kick off until Wednesday, September 20th, there are plenty of sneak peeks popping up around town. One particularly of note is the Collectors Show, a twice-annual art collection event created by Tyler Loftis. Here’s a rundown of 4 things you need to know about this unique exhibit experience:
1. Collectors Show began in 2015 and this week’s preview, in partnership with ArtPrize and Second Ave Arts, is it’s fifth installment.
2. Tyler Loftis, creator of the Collectors Show, is a New York City artist with West Michigan roots. His desire is to add to the rich culture of Grand Rapids while bringing out the art enthusiast in all of us.
3. 90 artists will be showcased at this event, including 62 juried ArtPrize artists, New York Studio Alumni Show award winners, and a variety of local and national artists chosen by Second Ave Arts.
4. 20% of proceeds from art purchased will be donated to art education at ArtPrize.
Collectors Show Event Details
The Venue Tower Apartments
15 Ottawa NW Downtown Grand Rapids
VIP Preview | September 14th — Invitation Only
Public Showing | September 15th — 6-9pm
For more details about Collectors Show and featured artists, head over to www.thecollectorsshow.com.