A day full of body-positivity, resources for healing your relationship with your body, and community building.
About this Event:
Do you struggle with negative self-talk and body image? Are you already body-positive and looking for others who share that view? Are you ready to reject diet-culture (or learn what diet culture is and how it’s all around us)?
No matter where you are on your body-acceptance journey, we have something for you. Buy your ticket for a day full of community building, information gathering, healing, and embodiment!
You will leave with broadened perspectives, expanded resources, and new friends!
10:30a-11:30a Brunch and Inclusive Networking with Mod Bettie
11:30a-12p Keynote Speaker Dianne Bondy
1-1:45p Workshop 1 (Select one)
1) How to talk to your children about body image – Gail Hall, MIEDA
2) A Conversation about Disability
3) LGBTQIA+ Panel Talk on body image
2-2:45p Workshop 2 (Select one)
1) Making Space for Embodied Self-Compassion with Rachael Koeson and Reynelda Jones
2)Fat, Black, & Gifted: An Intimate Conversation with Latesha Lipscomb
3) How to a body acceptance ambassador in our society (panel)
3-4p Move with Groove and Yoga with Anybody Yoga
4p Conference Ends
Better Body Image Conference’s mission is to create cultural and social change in the West Michigan community in the way bodies are viewed.