Join us for one of three information meetings to learn more about the City’s new residential rental application fees ordinance.
The City Commission passed the ordinance this summer to establish rules for charging rental application fees. The ordinance takes effect Nov. 7 and is part of the City’s Housing NOW! initiative.
Each resident session will highlight the new Rental Assistance Center – a joint pilot program between the City and Grand Rapids Housing Commission – and fair housing laws. These sessions will take place 6:30 to 8 p.m. on the following dates:
• Monday, Oct. 29 at Cesar Chavez Elementary School, 1205 Grandville Ave. SW
• Thursday, Nov. 1 at St. Alphonsus Church, 224 Carrier St. NE
• Thursday, Nov. 15 at Baxter Community, 935 Baxter St. SE
Representatives from a variety of nonprofit service providers also will be on hand. Each will share information about its housing-related resources. Participating agencies include:
• Disability Advocates of Kent County
• Dispute Resolution Center
• Fair Housing Center of West Michigan
• GR HomeShare
• Grand Rapids Homes for All
• Grand Rapids Housing Commission
• Legal Aid of Western Michigan