A big way to help your kids be ready for Kindergarten and learn to read is to read with them, so for National Reading Month, we’re having an event about literacy and reading together! We’ll have activities, giveaways, resources, and light refreshments.
• Get a reading buddy! – Everyone who attends will receive a stuffed animal so their child can have another buddy join them on their reading journey. 🧸
• Book giveaway drawing! – The goal is 1,000 books by Kindergarten. To help your child stay on track, we created reading calendars for March. Families that bring in a reading calendar will be entered into a drawing to win a book 📕
➡️Download the calendar from this event page or the email you may have received if you are part of our Connections program. Can’t find the calendar? Send us a message about it!
• KDL staff on hand to register you for a library card 🙋♀️
• GRCC’s Early Learning Community Play and Learn Groups will be there to share about their playgroups. 💫
• Helpful community resources, such as information on the best places to find books in multiple languages
• Info on literacy and the importance of reading 🗒
• A sensory table for a Letter Hunt 🤲
• Play-dough and letter cookie cutters to learn letters
• Books to read together 📔
• A matching game with rhyming words and a coloring station