If you are looking for fun things to do this fall, you’ll want to visit Adventure Point– this weekend, October 17th and 18th!
The colorful outdoor adventure space will be the backdrop for the Fall Harvest Adventure Days at 3213 Walker Ave., just 2 miles west of downtown Grand Rapids.
On a 35 mile campus, Adventure Point is the region’s premier youth and adult adventure center owned and operated by Boy Scouts of America. Guests who attend Adventure Point’s events are encouraged to focus on team building, sustainability, STEM and leadership; while participating in various outdoor adventures.
The events hosted on the 17th and 18th will be surrounded by a wooded campus where Mill Creek runs through groomed trails. Beautiful scenery will incorporate social distancing and safety guidelines.
The Fall Harvest Days is presented by the Boy Scouts of America Michigan Crossroads Council. Not familiar? The Boy Scouts are one of the largest youth organizations in the United States! This organization promotes fun, hands on learning and achievement, putting kids in the middle of the action and giving them the skills they need to succeed now and throughout their lives.
There’s a whole host of fun activities taking place during the The Fall Harvest Days–including:
- Apple Target Practice on the Archery Range: Improve your aim and maybe even score a basket of delicious, locally grown apples.
- Paintball for Pumpkins: A Slingshot Paintball Range will be set up to give guests the opportunity to test their skills while painting pumpkins with fall colors.
- Apple Cider and Doughnut Café: Admission includes a snack of cider and fresh donuts.
- Fall Harvest Photo Shoot: Capture the memories of the day at the beautiful Photo Shoot area. Photos can be taken by staff or you can use your camera to take your own.
- Scavenger Hunt and Geocache Trail: Join in on the scavenger hunt and get the chance to locate some hidden Fall Harvest Caches.
- Smores and Haunted Trail Walk: (Saturday and Sunday evening sessions only) Those that attend the Saturday and Sunday event sessions have a fun alternative to the Cider and Donut Shop feature. Instead, they will get to walk the hunted trail and make s’mores by campfire.
Event pricing is $40 for a family of up to five, or $8 for children over 5 and adults at $15 each. More info and registration can be found here. Be sure to mark your calendars for this fun, fall event!