Welcome all to the very first, one of its kind African Festival
“ A Glimpse of Africa ” right here in Grand Rapids!
This one-day spectacular event will showcase the rich, diverse and beautiful African cultures through Fashion, Art, Food, Dance, Music and more. Africa is the home and heart of diversity, and our festival will give you A Glimpse of that and more, not to mention the warm unforgettable African hospitality;
A Glimpse African will feature:
• Authentic foods, with mouthwatering dishes from countries like Ethiopia, Kenya, Somalia, Nigeria, Sudan Ghana, Cameroon, DRC, Chad, Eritrea and many more.
• Local African designers and models will showcase the beautiful African fashion and styles from Nigeria, Ghana, Sudan, Congo, South Africa just to name a few.
• Vendors will be selling a variety of beautiful African prints, Carvings, art and Crafts
• There will be hair braiding, free tutorials onsite and collections of hair extensions & products.
• There will be a large variety of entertainment and interactive dances by local African talented DJ’s, singers and dancers from, Cameron, Tanzania, Congo, Rwanda among other countries
THIS IS A FREE FAMILY-FRIENDLY EVENT FOR ALL!
Organized /Sponsored by Flora’s Elegance Events Décor
A portion of the event proceeds will be donated to Refugee Education Center.