Midtown Neighborhood Association wants to invite the Midtown community to attend a topic-specific board meeting for February.
As you may or may not be aware, the city has passed an ordinance that allows for the possibility of marijuana provisioning centers to open in the near future.
Midtown has had a high interest by applicants due to Michigan being a strong business corridor. While we are spending a lot of time in communication with them, we want to make sure our neighborhood is involved in the conversation.
WE NEED YOU to come and hear from three applicants interested in opening a provision center along Michigan Street.
we also want to educate you on the nitty gritty details of the whole process so that you can feel confident and included in any changes that happen in the future.
We are including a very short survey that gives you space to express your concern. Please take one minute to fill this out so we can have a more structured and productive evening together. We want to know your thoughts!
You can find it here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/Y8X8J5V
or we will post it separately in the event discussion
WHY should you come?
– To meet your neighbors
– To brainstorm about a hot issue in your city
– To have a space to share your opinions and concerns
– To meet the businesses that may soon be in your neighborhood.
WHEN you should come:
6:00pm at the Latvian Hall on Grand Street. This is when we will begin the informational session!
WHAT should you expect?
1. A presentation from Landon Hughes from the city to give you the basics about medical marijuana
2. and introduction from all three applicants and some insight into how they want to interact with you and support you
3. a time for questions and discussion following presentations
We can’t wait!